Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Current Project: Unrealscript Third Person Combat Demo

I apologize for not updating this blog sooner.  Life has been busy and I imagine it's only going to keep being busy so updates to the blog will be erratic.

I am currently working on building a third person combat demo in Unreal Development Kit using Unrealscript.  As you can see in the photo below, I have a crude third person camera coded into the player pawn's class file.  I'm hoping to improve it since I have found out about the Camera Class in Unreal.
However, the bigger problem right now is that the melee weapon I've coded in refuses to render unless I press the 'F' key to feign death (which is inherited from the UTPawn Class) in which case this happens...
I'm not as worried about the player turning invisible because I'm hoping an improved camera system will fix that, I'm more worried about getting the sword to appear by default.  If any UDK Modders out there have any advice, I'd appreciate it.  Stay tuned for more updates in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment